Tuesday, July 27, 2004

There are things in this world that would rather eat you than do anything else

Today has been a pretty good day so far. I went to Marching Band, and even though the rest of the band was having troubles, I think I did a fair job of trying my hardest. During the middle, Onion and I were getting pretty hot. So, during a break, we ran in the sprinklers. We then noticed that the whole band was staring at us in wonder, amazement, and shock. We just laughed. The rest of the time, the wet shirt felt really good. The Green Bean and The Radish thought we were pretty insane, though. It was funny. We got out of MB early, and so I got a ride with the Onion to Summer Seminary. That was really good. We listened to the funeral of Elder Neil A. Maxwell. I cried through about the last half. Not out of sadness, but from the spirit, and just thinking about things. Like the card. Last night, I re-read the card that Sister Dastrup gave me after the talk I gave in Sacrament Meeting. She first thanks me for the best sacrament meeting talk she ever remembers hearing, but then she goes on to say that she's grateful that I live a life that qualifies me to share the spirit so powerfully. I thought "What HAVE I done to qualify me to have any of the things I have?" So, after incredulously searching my memory, trying to think of something I might have done to deserve all this, I decided to "qualify" myself. Well, today I had an hour long trumpet lesson. It was good. My teacher is moving to Idaho, so that was my last lesson with him. It was kinda sad. He gave me lots of stuff to work on, since I'm taking a break from lessons until January. I think that will be best. First of all, I do not want to switch to the one I have to switch to, and also I need some extra time during the first half of the school year for MB. I just watched "Extreme Home Makeover" I like that show. It's pretty cool. Well, I think that's about it for today. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some of my associates waiting on line 2.




No comments: