Thursday, November 24, 2005

Survey and Analysis

The topic jumped into my head. But, you've heard my take on this (sorta) many times, so I decided to get other people's opinions and combine them with my own to create a better analysis. So, after grueling hours of surveying people, and putting together the final product, voila! My analysis.

A Somewhat Biased Analysis on the Effects of Love on the Human Mind, Body, and Soul

Love: I've spoken about it in almost every blog I've written because it's something that influences my character, and therefore everything I do. I decided to interview my peers and ask them what effect Love has on them so I can more fully analyse this whole strange territory.

The mind is a vast expanse of mostly unknown and unseen elements. It is easily manipulated, and its maladies are difficult, and at times impossible to diagnose. Love therefore plays havoc with that human mind. Many don't know what to think; thoughts are scrambled about in a whirlwind. One person said "I've been thrown in every direction unexpectedly, in both pleasant and unpleasant ways." Love is almost like a magnet to a monitor. It scrambles, confuses, and may even enable thought useless for a time. You simply cannot use both your heart and your mind simultaneously sometimes. Love not only scrambles, but during many periods of time, it will dominate the thoughts. Many say that love is often all they think about, or that they just can't get him/her off their mind.

Overlooked by some, the effects of love on the body may sometimes be the most severe and apparent. Most people experience nausea, some shake when romantic emotions are especially strong. Some even throw up, because of the overwhelming sensations. The tongue, and mouth often go on the fritz, and facial expressions are frequently uncontrollable. Many people I interviewed said love gave them more energy, or they felt more alive.

Most lasting and perhaps most importantly, love affects our souls, our basic character. From just the people I interviewed, they say love has taught them to be more empathetic, less selfish, to appreciate friends more, or has given them a softer, more open and sentamental look on life. They have become better people to be worthy of that other person. At other times, though, love takes a different role. One said that all that he is is washed aside when the certain person is near. Another changes his personality to impress that person. Jealousy is another negative side-effect of romance. Just like the Killerz say, "Jealousy, turning saints into the sea." This side-effect is so complicated, it requires an analysis for itself. Even the best people find themselves dragged under, and turned treacherous, and bitter. Overall, most people agree with Josh Groban in saying, "You raise me up."

Love has a profound and lasting effect on everyone, and if we understand it, and learn how to use the emotion constructively, we will have a most powerful edifying tool. Each is affected differently, but each may learn from his/her emotions.

No comments: