Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A Glass Wall

A glass wall.
I can see, through it, that I'd have fun.
I would be giddy.
He's there, behind
A glass wall.
I keep trying to get around
A glass wall.
Ironically, I built up, and put up,
The Glass Wall.

-Eliza Woodhouse


Woot, I'm learning the clarinet. It's fun stuff. And I'm giving private lessons this summer. I'm excited. I get to go to Las Vegas. THIS WEEK! It's the end. The end! When will I talk to Heidi, Dustin, Amber, Sarah, and all the others ever again? Probably NEVER. Until I die. Will I talk to Alissa every day? No. Will I see THomato every day? no. Will I have the same quality time with Zuchinni, Radish, and those who go to my school? no. It's growing up. I'm growing out. of what? Constancy. I have to accept that people are going to leave. I have to focus my efforts on keeping in touch with a few of my best friends, or I'm going to lose intimacy with all of them.

No comments: