Friday, September 30, 2005

YES!

I am so happy right now. The Green Bean has gotten over his ego problem, I talked to Beet about my problem with what she was doing, I am keeping up with my homework, I have wonderful friends, I just finished memorizing "The Highwayman" (which is like 3 pages long) and I feel myself becoming a more gentle, more Agnes-like person through the struggles I'm being put through. If you haven't read David Copperfield, Agnes is David's best friend who is the most gentle, selfless, wise person imaginable. She falls in love with David the moment they meet in their midchildhood. She goes through seeing him love a few other women, and eventually he marries someone else, and yet she never complains, and continues as his anchor, counselor, and best friend. (I won't tell you how it ends) Even though she is a fictional character, the more I read about her traits, and the way she was, the more I said to myself how much I wanted to be like that. I think an imaginary role-model is better than a living one. They can't let you down, and people don't think you're a people-worshiper. Of course, I just want to have the same qualities, you know? I want to be like that. Reading scriptures makes all the difference. Do it! Anywho, I have to go, I need to take advantage of this off-time. Soul-modifying takes a while.

No comments: