Thursday, September 08, 2005

Homecoming analysis

Woa...my internet's goin screwy. Well, here is my first analyzation.

Most of my fellow fruits and vegetables are going to homecoming. In the past, I have been known as a "flirt" or a "coquetish girl". In those days, I really enjoyed the reputation. At that time, I was asked many dates, including both proms. At normal dances, I would get to dance nearly every slow dance. Then, my friends (especially the Radish) seemed to get a bit fed up with my "wanton" behavior. Not only that, but I was the butt of many jokes that I'm not sure I wanted to be connected with. For all these reasons and a few more, I decided to stop all my boy-crazy antics. However, since this overhaul of my attitude towards life, I have had only one date, (which was wonderful, I don't mean to put that down in any way, shape, or form, Radish) and at dances I have had nearly ZERO slow dances. This leads me to believe that there are some definate perks to being a flirt. Then, I suppose the choice would be more between what I really want. Focusing more on my friends and school work gets me no dates, but it does bring a higher level of respect for myself. Now I have to wonder why I feel so down about not going to homecoming. Homecoming is not the biggest dance of the year, although it is the only formal for a very long time. I suppose I am mostly saddened because of the drastic change from my former circumstances. Still, I cannot help but feeling I'm letting myself down by being as much of a flirt as I was before. It seems almost to be lowering myself. Still, I really don't like the idea of going to a pity party on the day of the second biggest dance of the year. Maybe I'll incorporate some of my coquetish ways into my new focused life-style.

Well, nothing to do but to pig out on ice cream and chocolate, and watch cheesy chick flicks.

No comments: