Friday, September 23, 2005

Analysizing the Green Bean

You heard correctly...an entire blog post devoted to the Green Bean. This will be because it will take an entire post to say all that I have to say. It really will take that long.

The day I met the Green Bean, he was afraid to speak to me because I was a female trumpet player (or maybe just because I am a female, haha) He would rarely engage in conversation, but when he did, he would often stick to talking about how much he practiced to finally get 1st chair. He never did, I stayed first chair. But he never seemed to mind very much, he would just try harder next time. That summer, he and Radish joined me in marching band. We were the best trio ever. We went and did stuff all the time. I loved it. One of the best seasons of my life. The beginning of the next season, Radish dropped out because he thought he was going to be too busy, and so it was Green Bean and I. For a while, we were still a great duo. Then, IT started to happen. He started to go hang out with other people more, and kinda not include me. I didn't really have a problem with it, but then IT started to get worse. He began to talk a lot about how well he was doing at everything, and he started to kinda help out the rookies on his own. That wasn't bad, it was just uncharacteristic of Green Bean. Then, he started to go on and on about his perfect 8to5, and how he had marked off such and such and they hadn't done it exactly right, or how he had checked the lines on the football field, or something like that, I dun really remember. Anyway, then he decided to start star sectionals, where we would work on perfecting our show. He always took over, which needed to be done, but again, way uncharacteristic of him. I elected him the section leader, so that it would be official and I'd feel better about it. Then, Radish and Alissa joined. I'm pretty sure that Green Bean has the hugest crush on Alissa. So, her being in the band made his show-offy side skyrocket. Now, he corrects people all the time, he interrupts my sectionals, he calls meetings, he sometimes totally ignores my existance. He acts almost like he possesses Radish, which really bugs me because I don't get included in the little trio anymore. Now, how do you go from being a person who rarely talks at all, to a person who is "commander of the world, macho man"? I think it has a lot to do with Alissa. Because he likes her, and has gone on dates with her, I think that makes his confidence go way up, as well as his ego a little. Also, he spends a lot of his time with a few people who are cocky a lot. They are my friends too, but I am used to them being like that, that's the way they always have been. I'd talk about him going to Orem High, but I'd get beat up if I said that was the reason. Of course, since he rarely talks to me lately, I don't have the greatest idea of what he may be going through. But, even if you do have a perfect 8to5 it doesn't mean that you are always right, and that everyone else should adjust accordingly. It also doesn't mean you have to give people without one a hard time about it. Whatever the reason, he has definately changed. If confidence includes an ego, I'd rather have the anti-social Green Bean rather than the pighead.

Now I have to go finish up arrangements for a brass ensemble that Green Bean is in. I'm going to give him 4th trumpet and see what he says haha.

*Disclaimer - because of the feelings in relation to this paper, it may be slightly skewed or exaggerated in a few places, for those of you who know the Green Bean. This paper is merely to show my reaction and analysis.

No comments: