Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Emma...Mr. Knightly!

I just cannot get over it! Emma! Mr. Knightly! Jane Fairfax! Frank Churchhill! How does Jane Austen do it?! How does she make me agree with Emma, and fall in love with Frank Churchhill, and then Mr. Knightly, and blind me to everything, and then reveal it, making me wonder the whole time why I didn't pay attention to the signs? The book is so much better than the movie (because she doens't use the corny lines that they do) but the movie is SO good. I loved them both. And now I wish I had a Mr. Knightly of my own. Oh, Knightly...so good, her best friend for so many years...and he's loved her since she was 13! *sigh* and he waits for 8 years, not trying to press himself on her, not trying to be anything more than a guide, and a friend. Yet...he could have flirted a few times so she would have finally realized how much she loves him in return. How can you not fall in love with someone like that? So gentle, and honest, upright, compassionate, and who is absolutely in love with you! I want to cry, it's so...beautiful...

"Maybe it's our imperfections that make us so perfect for one another"
"Mr. Knightley, if I have not spoken, it is because I am afraid I will awaken myself from this dream.
"Not one in a hundred men have "gentleman" so plainly written across them as Mr. Knightley!"

No comments: