Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The second star to the right is falling

True happiness is a habit, a result of decisions, a choice of attitude. True happiness is hope and faith, as well as obedience and gratidude. Happiness is charity. Happiness is friendship and service. Selfsacrifice. Love is happiness, and everything unpleasant that seems attached to it is something totally different. I'm growing older, and I suppose I must trust myself more than I have in the past. I have matured, and though I can still be perfectly sure that I don't know everything, I know many more things than I used to, and am able to make much more level-headed decisions. Despite my efforts to stay in Neverland, real life is sucking me out, and I'm growing up. Sorry, Peter. I can't help it. Still, no matter how old I get, I hope to have some pixie dust everyday. And I suppose there will always be days when I feel like a Lost Girl. Well, Peter Pan, come find me when we both leave Neverland. Maybe once we've both grown up a little more, we'll have the perfect balance: a coming of age, maturity, but with the wide-eyed wonder of youth. Well, when you leave Neverland, come find me, and we'll see how the story ends. For now, let's fight pirates, and dance round the campfire of childhood. I won't get to do it much longer.

No comments: