Thursday, November 09, 2006

Life is...

Don't finish that sentence! Don't do it! No! Life is NOT a box of chocolates, life is NOT one big baseball game, life is NOT a rollercoaster ride, life is NOT simply wonderful or simply terrible, and life is definately NOT a rollerskating rink. In a box of chocolates, at least everything looks like it's going to be good. Where are those choices that you have to make where neither of the results are appetizing? Baseball games have times where you can stop and think at regular intervals. Life? definately not. A rollerskating rink...there aren't any holes to fall in, no paths to choose, and nothing new to look at. During a rollercoaster, you are stuck with one person and they are stuck with you. In real life, you have to fight for friends. Life is. That's all there is to it. Life is.

4 comments:

Clarice Perry said...

Whoa who is this person?

Penelope

Noelle said...

Yeah, basically this person (I think her name is Tiffany, and she knows people we know. Not that that gives me any idea as to who it is...) has been going around saying this to everyone she knows of, or can find, that blogs, and she says pretty much the exact same thing on all of them...so yeah. I went and told her offish on her own blog teehee Well, ok, I should be more patient with people I disagree with...

Sir Radish said...

Hehe this is a good blog. Insightful and thought-provoking. At least for me anyway... ^_^ I'm almost sure there's a correct ending to that sentence though. Life is... We may not completely understand it, even if we did have the answer. Maybe it is that we might have joy. We may not have as much joy in this life, but think about the countless promises and blessings we've had before and might have after this life... It doesn't say, "Men are, that they might have joy as mortals," though I am definitely not trying to say that we shouldn't/couldn't/wouldn't have joy here. I'm thinkin' this whole mortal life thing is more crucial to some things, like in the eternities, not revealed yet to us, or at least not understood by me... yet. ^_^

Noelle said...

Yeah, I agree. I think that the greatest joys in this life come dispite, and perhaps because of, the least pleasant things. Without pleasure, without wordly peace, I believe joy can still be present, in our hope in the Savior and in our faith in a better, more life after this, one with perfect joy.