Thursday, February 23, 2006

Finding Happiness

It never was simple.
There was always something more;
Something else I always wanted,
Desire to settle one more score.

Have I found it yet?
Only a fool would tell you so.
What I've found is something else,
Lessons to learn and time to grow.

I've found good friends,
I've found laughs, smiles, and tears.
I've found a foundation to hold me
To guide, strengthen, and silence fear.

I have found myself
I now know better who I am
My face no longer a smiling facade
My life no longer deceite, a sham.

I've found someone to love
E'en if there's naught in return.
Someone to edify and teach,
E'en if jealousy doth burn.

Of course there's sadness.
Good never comes without strife.
Though I've found bitterness, cruelty, spite,
I smile, for I've found LIFE.

-Eliza Woodhouse

No comments: