Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Teardrops on my Guitar

There are so many sad love songs. Is it just because it takes us all so long to get it right? And when it's right for one, it's not always right for the other. So we get another sad love song. And another stupid girl who can relate to it. Hm. What craziness.

We truly are crazy creatures.

What seems so simple to our minds is a world of confusion and conflicting feelings for our poor silly hearts. And then what seems simple to our hearts gets all muddled and clouded by our need to reason it out.

Is there nothing simple for both the heart and the mind? Why is it that neither can ever be sure of either the moment or the outcome?

If only outright honesty was always the best policy. I've found that in situations like these, it is so easy to be honest with him or her...and yet I suppose for whatever reason, imagined or valid, we can't say anything. I wish there were more implicit instructions. When I know what to do, it's easy to do it.

1 comment:

FiddleWiz said...

It's true that when you're in a really good situation, you can be totally honest with the person. But it's also true that things don't always line up with timing and stuff. I wish it was more straightforward, but life throws us curves and we have to deal with them the best we can. We just keep praying, and eventually things will fall into place. And I love "Teardrops On My Guitar" - it's the best ever!! Love ya Noelle!