Monday, January 01, 2007

Survivors found

It's amazing how one phrase from a whole article can pop out at you. I call them Stickynotes. After an Indonesian jet crash kills 90 people, there are still survivors found. Survivors. Those who survived. Is that a passive verb? sometimes. Not for me.

Family Thrown into Tragic Crisis After Loss of Loved Ones, Survivors found.

Hundreds of Employees Lose Jobs after Decline in Economy, Survivors found.

Pandemic of Eating Disorders Hit America, Survivors found.

Immorality Increasing, Survivors found.

Who finds the Survivors? Sometimes it is the world, or one person who finds the survivor, and sees them for who they truly are. Sometimes the survivor finds herself. Finds that she is strong. Finds that she has overcome at least part of the world, or part of herself. So no matter what the crisis, there are survivors found. The question I must always ask myself is "Will I find myself among them?"

No comments: