Sunday, May 21, 2006

An Analysis

School. Why is it so hard to stay focused?

Well, for me, there are several reasons. The first being that I'm not very good at sticking to things. I'm great at sticking to people, but hobbies...that's a different story. So, when school seems like a hobby, I get tired of it, and slack off. When it seems like a chore, I just put it off until it is difficult to do.

I find it very difficult to do things that don't interest me. Classes that are boring get a lower grade than classes that challenge me, and teach me something.

Who am I doing it for? Myself. Why go through so long doing something I don't like, simply for myself? Couldn't I be serving someone somewhere? Yes, by being educated, I will be in a better position to help people, but...the whole grade system seems stupid. Way to follow the system! Way to suck up to the teacher! Not, good job at applying what you learned to yourself. Not, good job applying what you learned to the world. Not, way to learn from me, even though you learned something slightly different than the words I spoke. Nope. It's good job for being original like everyone else. Way to do things when and how everyone else did. Because it's easier to grade. Because it's easier to rate which children will succeed, and which will think they are failures because they have such a hard time understanding the public education system.

No comments: